In ensuring the quality of our education in accordance with the laws and regulations, Unpad establishes “the advancement of law and environmental sustainability in national development” as the core foundation of our university. The values contained in the foundation also serve as the basis to reinforce Unpad’s Vision and as guidance for the academic community to achieve both Unpad’s Vision and Mision.
Universitas Padjadjaran’s Vision
As stated in the 2020-2024 Strategic Plan, Unpad’s Vision is to “become a world-renowned university bringing great impacts on society” by implementing our core foundation. Thus, maintaining international reputation is key to better implementation of the Three Pillars of Higher Education and to strengthening Unpad’s role in the international academic world. Furthermore, it will also ensure that our practice of “the three pillars (tridharma) of higher education” can be commenced at its highest quality. The indicators for world-renowned universities are as follows:
- Have the ability to create an education and research ecosystem that produces competent human resources, excellent graduates (competent, competitive, having good character, and productive), and various researches with international recognition;
- Have the ability to build an effective system of partnerships with various industries, in order to hold the quality of our education and research activities up to international standards;
- Have the ability to quickly adapt and innovate in accordance to the development of science and technology at an international level;
- Have the ability to implement a governance that meets the international standards in implementing the Three Pillars (tridharma) of higher education, including the supporting activities.
Universities that are able to bring huge impacts on society are those that can improve the quality of higher education and advocate the accessibility of education for all groups, as well as support law enforcement, environment sustainability, economic growth, social security, and cultural preservation.
Universitas Padjadjaran’s Missions
- To gain academic excellence and obtain national as well as international recognition;
- To increase the relevance and innovations in the fields of education, research, and community service;
- To obtain independence in capitalizing on internal resources and strategic partnerships;
- To advance Unpad’s contribution to solving various problems that impact the welfare of the people of West Java and Indonesia;
- To foster leadership qualities by enforcing collectivity, professionality, and integrity in managing the sustainability of Universitas Padjadjaran.
Universitas Padjadjaran’s Objectives
In accordance to Unpad’s Vision, our objectives are as follows:
- Sustainable productivity of human resources (HR) and institutions in response to global changes;
- Internationally competitive graduates with good character and respect for the local culture;
- Internationally recognized research and innovation based on our core foundation;
- Institutional independence supported by effective governance and strategic partnerships nationally and abroad;
- Increased contributions to the development of West Java and Indonesia based on the quality and relevance of our innovations in science and technology;
- International recognition of Unpad’s reputation.